For us to deliver top notch service it is important for you to understand how our service works and what you should not only expect from us, but what you will need to do as the homeowner to ensure a great lawn.
Prefer to watch videos? Watch our short videos on Turf Care Policies here
- Our growing season in New Hampshire starts sometime in April and ends sometime in November, or roughly 30 weeks. High quality, slow release, fertilizers will last about five weeks so six feedings are required each season to deliver proper nutrition. We will begin these treatments in April and space them about 5 weeks apart. The most important part of a turf program is maintaining that feeding schedule, preventing crabgrass, killing broadleaf weeds, and stopping insects can, and should, be done on that schedule. As the homeowner it is important that you don’t request delays or skip applications to that schedule unless absolutely necessary. Results depend on it.
- Call Ahead – Unless there is a locked gate we will need access to or a dog that is outside all day with no one home we will not call ahead. Mother Nature can be unpredictable and cause challenges for us so we do not schedule more than 24 hours in advance. You don’t need to be home for us to complete the treatments. On the first treatment of the year we will knock on the door so that you can meet your technician. We will leave a lawn sign in the yard and an invoice with any notes or instructions we have for you on the door of your choice.
- Your Part – Mowing and watering are just as important as a proper nutrition program. If you don’t water or mow properly you will not get the results that you are looking for. Watch our mowing and watering video and if you have questions call our office. We will be happy to get you on the right track.
- Service Calls – As a full program customer our work is guaranteed so if you have questions or think you need an additional treatment give our office a call and we can have your technician revisit your lawn in between applications to handle any issues that may arise. It is important to understand that broadleaf weed control can take up to 14 days to work and that there is, depending on the product we are using, a minimum time that we must wait between treatments to prevent turf damage.
- Prepayment – We offer a discount of 10% if you choose to prepay for your seasonal program. For new customers you will have two weeks from the point of sale. For existing customers you will be sent a prepay letter in early December and you have until December 31st to acquire that discount. We will send a second letter in early January offering a 7% discount that can be taken advantage of by January 31st. Any services added to your program throughout the season will be subject to a 5% prepay discount at the point of sale.
- Referrals – We appreciate our customers referring family and friends to our program and therefore offer a referral discount. Each and every person referred gets the “referrer” $50.00 in Groundhog bucks to be used towards services. Once the referred person becomes a customer the credit will be added to your account so spread the word!
- Continuous Services – All of our services are continuous from year to year. Any additional services that you add are also continuous. If you want to make changes to your account, remove services, or cancel them all together you simply need to contact our office. We do not charge a cancelation fee. At the end of the year, prior to the following season, we will send two prepay letters as reminders of the service that you have scheduled, on in December and one in January. After those letters will also make two phone calls to you prior to starting the following April to ensure that you don’t have any changes or modifications that you would like to make before we begin.
If you have any questions anytime please give us a call and we will be happy to help!